Open position: Service and Provisioning Engineer
As part of our ongoing expansion and commitment to the US market place, DESIGNA is seeking to hire a Service and Provisioning Engineer to join our team working out our headquarters located in Westmont, IL. This position will directly serve the local market and provide support services to the DESIGNA Distribution Network throughout the continental USA. DESIGNA Access Corporation offers a competitive salary, health benefits, and 401k.
- Ensure installations, contract services, and service calls are completed as soon as practicably possible. It includes scheduling time, parts, and coordination of required activities to ensure effective, accurate, and timely task completion;
- Work with the Project Manager to ensure the successful implementation of new system installations, system expansions, and replacement systems;
- Provide training, trouble-shooting, and configuration assistance via remote online computer support of software applications and Operating Systems (70%); on-site support/installation services for end-user accounts (20%); in-house system provisioning, testing, and repairs (10%);
- Prepare, retrofit and provision new projects working with Department and Account Manager to ensure accurate and timely completion;
- Escalate technical matters to ensure prompt resolution;
- Assist in the performance of regular equipment and parts;
- Ensure processes are adequately followed regarding project & service work order completion, personal expense reporting, and required paperwork and documentation.
- Work with appropriate Services group to ensure that contractual levels of service are met;
- Build and maintain positive and productive relationships with customers;
- Champion DESIGNA products and be an active ambassador of our Company and its Values;
- Work together with other DESIGNA team members to ensure customer requests are actioned effectively and efficiently;
- Be a contributing and influential member of the DESIGNA Access Corporation team.
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision;
- Practical application knowledge in electronics, networking, and integrated systems;
- Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft operating systems and LAN/ WAN connectivity competency. Microsoft Technology Associate (MTA) or Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate certification preferred;
- Possess creative problem-solving skills;
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal) and the ability to build and maintain positive relationships, especially during times of negotiation or conflict resolution;
- Demonstrated knowledge of MS SQL;
- High School Graduate or equivalent (GED) required;
- Associates or Bachelors in computer scienence or information technology preferred
- Minimum 3 years of demonstrated experience within the parking control systems industry, building access/alarm systems industry, remote center systems industry, or other related industry;
- Valid driver’s license, Passport, personal vehicle, and clean driving record required;
- Proficiency with LAN/WAN network connectivity;
- Knowledge of network protocols;
- Proficient with MS Office Software Suites;
- Available to travel within the continental United States and stay overnight as required to ensure that installation and support outcomes are delivered to our clients (travel commitment up to 50%);
- Able to work flexible hours, including rotating weekends, to ensure delivery commitments to our customers are met.